Once again this year, I'll be team teaching a course with David Hardisty and Marco Neves (in English, open to all, with enrollment limited) at Universidade Nova de Lisboa (the New University in Lisbon, Portugal) on topics for best practice applying technology for more efficient and effective translation processes.
|Click the graphic above to go to the Portuguese information page!|
This year's topics include:
– Good translation workflows.
– Using voice recognition in translation.
– Using machine translation in a humane, intelligent way.
– Using checklists to improve communication in translation.
– Using glossaries, bilingual texts and other references in multiplatform environments.
– Good practices for using terminology and reference texts in the target language.
– Planning and creating lists for "autotranslatables" and the basics of "regular expressions" for filters.
There are some unannounced extras, but those will remain secret for now :-) And as time permits, individual challenges of course participants can also be addressed by the experts leading the course.
This is about as good as it gets for training costs; the university tuition is ridiculously low, and the 25 hours of instruction during the week of 15 to 20 July cost less than most half-day workshops while delivering far more. If it were up to me, I would probably increase the cost ten-fold, but that's because I'm a practical business person who understands commercial value, not a university administrator :-)
The course requires a basic knowledge of memoQ in advance, but much of the material goes well beyond that CAT tool. As always, integrated work with other environments, such as SDL Trados Studio and Wordfast is taught and emphasized.
The complete cost information (in Portuguese) is here: http://fcsh.unl.pt/formacao-ao-longo-da-vida/escola-de-verao/inscricoes
The direct registration page in Portuguese (where you will need to mark "Boas Práticas de Tecnologia para Tradução/Best Practices in Translation Technology" at the bottom) is here: http://www.fcsh.unl.pt/formacao-ao-longo-da-vida/escola-de-verao/inscricoes/escola-de-verao
We hope you can join us!
Post a Comment
Notice to spammers: your locations are being traced and fed to the recreational target list for my new line of chemical weapon drones :-)