This discussion will highlight key concepts and approaches from the course outline shown below. memoQ version 9 will be used as the basis for discussion, but most of the talk's content is applicable to any version from recent years.
Working Ergonomics in memoQ 9.0: Technology Practice for Ease of Use
Getting Laid Out
- Standard memoQ Layouts
|This can be improved on....
Colors, Visibility and Priority
- Color My Grid!
- Fonts in the Working Display
|Wild & crazy? Or legible? You decide!
|See the match results in the order you prefer!
- Setting the user interface language
- Showing hidden characters
Tuning Options for Typists
- Lookup & insertion
- Autopropagation and Its Implications
- Predictive Typing
- Keyboard Customizing!
The Great Dictators
- Hey memoQ
- Chrome Speech
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- Other Speech Tools and the 3-Stage Process
Other Views of Translation
- Combining and Filtering Files for Translation
- What's in a Translation Files List?
- Making Sense of memoQ QA Results