Mar 31, 2011
This notice just arrived...
Financial Terminology for Translators:
Financial Reporting in Germany 2011
Thursday 19th & Friday 20th May 2011
Presented by Robin Bonthrone, a leading financial translator and financial translation trainer. The two-day course will cover the terminology and translation of German GAAP along with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) financial reports, examined and explained for practising German-to-English translators.
German GAAP (HGB) Reporting - 19th May 2011
Relevance of German GAAP for translators today:
• State of German GAAP today, including BilMoG and other recent legislation;
• Bilingual terminology resources for translators, including XBRL taxonomies;
• Principles of German GAAP;
• Single-entity primary financial statements;
• Accounting policies and notes disclosures, with specific reference to selected German Accounting Standards: GAS 15 (Management reporting incl. takeover law disclosures), GAS 17 (Remuneration reporting), GAS 18 (Deferred taxes), GAS 19 (Consolidation).
IFRS Reporting in Germany 2011 - 20 May 2011
Preparers, users and translators of financial statements in accordance with IFRSs:
• Sources of terminology for translators;
• IFRS reporting and translation principles;
• Elements of IFRS financial reports;
• Formats and minimum information;
• Primary financial statements, accounting policies and notes disclosures;
• Interim financial reporting under IAS 34 and GAS 16;
• Selected ongoing IASB projects relevant for translators, including potential new terminology issues.
The morning and early afternoon sessions will consist of presentations on the topics concerned and will be followed by textual analysis workshops / terminology clinics.
Robin Bonthrone is a leading financial translator and financial translation trainer. He was joint coordinator of the German version of IFRSs for the International Accounting Standards Committee Foundation for several years and is a member of the XBRL working group responsible for developing bilingual XBRL taxonomies for German GAAP.
He also translates German Accounting Standards for the Accounting Standards Committee of Germany and lectures regularly on financial reporting topics in Europe and the United States.
Time & Date: 09.30 - 17.30; Thursday 19 & Friday 20 May 2011
Venue: City University London, A225/A226, College Building, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB, UK
Cost: £260 (Must be purchased by 27th April).
Guest Speaker: Robin Bonthrone, Fry & Bonthrone Partnerschaft
Nearest Underground Stations: Angel (Northern Line), Barbican (Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan Lines)
For more information and registration details please contact Robert Lastman on (+44) 020 7040 8861 or email Robert.Lastman.firstname.lastname@example.org