For nearly five years, I have been involved in the testing and localization of a project and business management solution for translation agencies and outsourcing corporate departments - the Online Translation Manager (OTM), which is available from LSP.net on the software as a service (SaaS) model as well as for on-site installations in special cases.
I use the service myself, although up to now I have not operated a translation agency in any sense and I seldom outsource work of any kind. I do so because it
- makes sense for me to use the solution so I can do a better job of English localization,
- provides me with several options for secure, encrypted receipt and deliveries of jobs from clients,
- is fanatically correct and compliant with all the myriad legal requirements for my business in the EU, and
- it saves me a lot of time and grief when I use it for the entire course of a project.
- 50% less administrative effort with integration of scheduling, project management, accounting et alia
- use of CAT tool analyses to prepare quotations and invoices
- quotations and invoices in 34 currencies (at ECB exchange rates)
- multilingual communication with clients and colleagues
- effective online marketing of your services
- data transfer and backup on secure servers in Germany (not in the Cloud!)